Narrow aisle pallet racking is a popular storage system choice in many warehouses. Narrow aisle pallet racking is extremely cost efficient and maximises the storage of your warehouses. This means you can utilise more floor space for your goods, leading to higher profit margins.
If you’re considering narrow aisle pallet racking, here’s your guide on everything you need to know about them:
What is Narrow Aisle Pallet Racking?
Narrow aisle pallet racking is a storage system that utilises maximum floor space. Levels can be of various heights and depths, and convenient for pallet storage, retrieval or fast order-picking.
Who Will Benefit from Narrow Aisle Pallet Racking?
All storage systems should be suited to the warehouse needs, and narrow aisle pallet racking is no different. Narrow aisle pallet racking is best suited to those who require:
• High density storage
• Immediate access to stored products
• Easy retrieval of stored goods
What are the Advantages of Narrow Aisle Pallet Racking?
There are many benefits of narrow aisle pallet racking. Here’s a few:
• Maximising Space: Narrow aisle racking can save up to 50% floor space compared to other systems.
• Easy Selectivity: Narrow aisle racking allows each pallet to be easily selected using a narrow aisle truck.
• Budget Friendly: While narrow aisle pallet racking can be costly, it saves you money in the long run, and may even make you money by giving you the ability to increase your cash flow with more products on the floor.
• Durable: High quality narrow aisle racking has the ability to last, when regularly inspected and maintained.
What Needs to be Considered When It Comes to Narrow Aisle Pallet Racking?
Narrow aisle pallet racking is excellent, but you do need to consider that narrow aisle trucks can be more expensive. However, they are essential so that drivers can manoeuvre safely between aisles without bumping the racking and damaging it or causing an accident. Narrow aisles also mean handling trucks must be in an aisle one at a time, as they will not be able to fit to pass each other.
Get Your Narrow Aisle Racking from Storage Ideas
As Sydney’s leading materials handling and equipment consultancy company, Storage Ideas know everything there is to know about narrow aisle pallet racking systems. That’s why for over 48 years, we have offered a complete service that includes design, supply and installation of office and warehouse storage equipment. We’re able to meet tight installation deadlines if needed, so you can get your storage up and running as quickly as possible. Contact us today and call 02 9731 7999 to find out more.